Half ogres are common to Orc's teeth, Jotenar, and the Hordelands. This race describes any character who's ancestry is heavily ogrish.
Half-Ogre is a blanket term that is usually presumed to describe a character whose other half is human. These other bloodlines exist and are statisticaly equivalent.
A half-ogre of orcish stock is known as an Ogrillon or Orog
A half-ogre of goblinoid stock is known as an Ogren
|Table: Half Ogre|
|Level||Hit Dice||BAB||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Skill Points||CR||Special|
|1||1d8||+0||+2||+0||+0||(2+int mod)||1||Feat, +1 Natural Armor, Mixed Blood|
|2||2d8||+1||+3||+0||+0||(2+int mod)||1||+2 str, +2 Natural Armor, Heavy Handed|
- Starting Ability Scores: +4 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Chr, -2 Int.
- Speed: Half-ogre land speed is 30 ft.
- Medium Size
- Darkvision: Half-ogres can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Giant and either Orc, Joten or Thausic. Bonus Languages: Athalish, Lonic, Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Aurogaleb, and Abyssal.
- Class Skills:
- The half-ogre's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Int), and Intimidate (Str)
All the following are class features of the half-ogre monster class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Half-ogre's are proficient with all simple and marital weapons, with light armor, and with shields.
Mixed blood (Ex)
For all special abilities and effects, an half-ogre is considered an ogre. At the time of character creation designate one other race either Human, Orc, or Goblinoid and is considered a member of this race as well. For example, orogs can use special ogre or orc weapons or magic items with racially specific ogre or orc powers as if they were ogres or orcs.
Heavy Handed (Ex) At second level, thanks to their excellent leverage half-ogres may wield a two-handed weapon designed or sized for a large creatures. When using a weapon in one hand or a ranged weapon this ability has no effect. Also, a half-ogre, if proficient, may employ a tower shield at a -1 penalty to attack rolls rather than the usual -2.