Grimlock CR 1
NE Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Init +1 Senses Blindsight 40 ft., scent; Perception +5;
AC 15 touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 13hp (2d10+2 con)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
Immune gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Battleaxe +4 (1d8+2 / X3 crit)
Ranged Throwing axe +3 (1d6+2)
Str 15, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 6
Base Atk +2 CMB +4 CMD 15
Feats Skill Focus (Perception), TrackB
Skills +8 Climb, +5 Perception, +6 Stealth Racial Skill Bonuses +5 Stealth in mountains or underground.
Languages Common, Grimlock
SQ Blindsight 40 ft., immunities, scent
Combat Gear battleaxe
Organization Gang (2-4), pack (10-20), tribe (10-60 plus 1 leader of 3rd-5th level per 10 adults).
Treasure Value Standard coins; standard goods (gems only); standard items
Grimlocks can sense all foes within 40 feet as a sighted creature would. Beyond that range, they treat all targets as having total concealment.
Grimlocks are susceptible to sound- and scent-based attacks, however, and are affected normally by loud noises and sonic spells (such as ghost sound or silence) and overpowering odors (such as stinking cloud or incense-heavy air). Negating a grimlock’s sense of smell or hearing reduces this ability to normal blindsense with the additional benefit of Blind-Fight (as the feat). If both these senses are negated, a grimlock is effectively blinded.
Grimlocks As Characters
Grimlock characters possess the following racial traits.
* +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma.
* Medium size.
* A grimlock’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Racial Hit Dice: A grimlock begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
* Racial Skills: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Perception, and Stealth. Grimlocks gain a +5 racial bonus on stealth checks in mountain or underground settings.
* Racial Feats: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat.
* Weapon Proficiency: A grimlock is automatically proficient with the battleaxe.
* +4 natural armor bonus.
* Special Qualities (see above): Blindsight 40 ft., immunities, scent.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Grimlock. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Terran, Undercommon.
* Racially Favored Class: Barbarian.
* Level adjustment +1.