Also known as Skulks, Gangrel are descendants of renegade Auldelan mages who mixed their blood with the essence of shadow, Gangrel are a race of chameleonic humanoids with strong psychological tendencies toward theft and violence. Gangrel in their natural state are lanky creatures that move with a disturbing gait. They are completely bald, and largely androgynous, lacking anything in the way of discernible gender traits including external genitalia. Few gangrel choose to volunteer their gender to members of other races and are often content to be misidentified for quite some time when traveling in the company of others.
Gangrel have a mild tendency toward evil alignments but many gangrel heroes have surfaced over the centuries. Most notable of these is Ænlic, one of the founding members of the world runners.
|Level||Hit Dice||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Skill Points||CR||Special|
|1st||1d8||+0||+0||+2||+0||(2 + int mod)||1/2||+2 Dex, -2 Wis, -4 Cha, +4 Stealth, Feat|
|2nd||2d8||+1||+0||+3||+0||(2 + int mod)||1||Trackless Step, +3 Stealth|
|3rd||2d8||+1||+0||+3||+0||—||2||Nondetection, Active camoflage, +3 Stealth|
Gangrel Racial Traits
- +4 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Gangrel are surprisingly agile but very lacking in will and social graces.
- Human blooded: Gangrel count as humans for any effect related to race.
- Gangrel are medium creatures with a base land speed of 30 feet. They suffer no bonuses or penalties due to size
- Racial Hit Dice: Gangrel begin with two levels of humanoid, see the chart below for a detailed level breakdown of the gangrel monstrous race.
- Racial Skills: A gangrel's humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2X (2 + int modifier) Its class skills are: Acrobatics, Bluff, Intimidate, and Stealth.
- A gangrel receives a +10 bonus to all stealth checks.
- Nondetection(Ex):* Any spellcaster using a divination effect to perceive, detect, or locate a gangrel must make a DC 20 caster level check.
- Dynamic Camouflage(Ex): Gangrel suffer no penalties from movement when employing the stealth skill, they may move at full speed, or even run without penalty. Other circumstances such as difficult terrain may hamper their movement as normal.
- Untrackable (Ex): Gangrel can pass through forest and subterranean settings almost without a trace (double the DC for any tracking attempt).
- Automatic Language: Lonic (with archaic pronunciation) Bonus Languages: Athalish, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, and Orc
- Racially Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +1
Based upon Skulk from Tome of Horrors Revised see open game license 1-0a from details.